Monday, June 21, 2010

The Weird Dream

Have you ever had a really weird dream?

A couple of days ago, I had this dream that I was still at high school. So, I was sitting at my desk, feeling extremely nervous because I learned that in a couple of minutes, I will sit for an exam which I've not prepared for. And the nightmare began when I found out that it was a MORAL exam. I felt so numb that I didn't know what to do. I sat there, just waiting for time to pass by. I looked at my friends. They were busy revising over their materials again and again. I asked, "Mei Yee, borrow your notes ya." And I flipped through a very thin note book and tried to recall the nilai-nilai murni like kasih sayang. It all looked familiar for me.. but it was all fuzzy in my head.

Then, there was a disaster. The whole school was flooded with water until the second storey, if I've not mistaken. But, the teachers did not cancel the exam. To them, it was so okay to have this kind of flood. I took the bus to this secluded classroom on the ground floor where the bright students were and saw my best friend, Becky. I told her that I'm not prepared. The classroom looked rather weird. The doors to the entrance can be sealed and the classroom will look like a huge transparent, water-proof box. It was designed to keep the water from the flood away. I was like, "Wow, new invention." And so, I went up to my class again and asked for rough paper. The teacher handed me a rough paper with a standard template which I forgot how it looks like for now.

I asked my friends, "So, what's the next paper?" I found out it was HISTORY and ADD MATHS. OH my.. my weakest subject of all. I stared at the SPM Sejarah textbook, almost imagining that my future is coming to an end. And there's no way I can remember the formulas for add maths. Drama..Drama..

I asked myself, "After my SPM, I've to apply for STPM... woah..STPM is very tough."

The whole dream felt pretty real to me. Half-awake, I was recalling...

"Oh.. wait.. I finish SPM already. And I didn't go for STPM. I went to A-levels. Yeah yeah. Siaw Lin, you passed the stage already.. oh wait, I'm in university!"

I woke up relieved. Very Relieved. Getting out from REM sleep to wakefulness felt like I've traveled through a timeline from SPM to University in a few seconds. It's really weird that I still have dreams of sitting for SPM papers until now. When I was in REM stage of sleep, it is as though I had some kind of amnesia..that I cannot remember I'm living in the present or what I've done after SPM. As I gain full consciousness, I can only recall what I did in the past and 'arrive' to the present.

Another SPM nightmare: Dreamed that I was late for a paper and the invigilator put me in a toilet because he said there's no space for me already. And I did my paper in the toilet! My house toilet. Lol

Dreams are also a tiny window of how we see the future. The most horrible nightmare was having to know that I was separated from my lover and destined to marry a man through match-making. That's so heartbreaking. :P

So, you have this kind of dreams?

1 comment:

  1. haha.. looks like spm played a very big part in ur life to make u still dream abt it until nw.. lol!

    i rmb when i was somewhere btwn 5-7 yrs old, i dreamt that i whacked 2 grown up men.. i cant rmb wut they did that made me do that, but they were definitely bad guys.. too much of power rangers back then.. :P

    ReplyDelete