Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Scary Dream

Let's face it. Life is not a bed of roses. So are dreams.

When I was a little girl, I slept on the floor in my parent's room.

I had this re-occurring dreams that are somewhat similar to one another.

I dreamed I was in a little adventure with my friends. I went into a spooky house, upstairs to solve a mystery (uh-huh). The room was dark. And suddenly, jeng jeng jeng, a wicked witch appeared and threatened to cast a nasty spell on us. We were all terrified..but have no fear because we have super powers too! We can disappear *poof in the air* if we spin ourselves. So, I did a couple of spins to get away from the evil witch. And it happened! I disappeared. It always worked in every other dreams!

The next morning, I found myself lying on the floor, a few inches away from the mattress. Dad, who woke up early for work, had to push me back to my mattress again. If I'm awake, dad asked, "Aiyoh. Why sleep on the floor again?"

In my head, I sleepish-ly answered, "Er..spinning to get away from the witch?"

If I choose not to spin, I can choose to float in the air in my dreams. I would float down the stairs! It's an incredible feeling cos' it felt so real. Too bad it doesn't happen to me anymore.

Apart from the adventurous dreams, I had very frightening ones too. I dreamed I was walking to a back alley at night. The whole place was pitch dark. Then, suddenly, a man, dressed in black, appeared from behind. Before I can turn around, I was pushed against the wall. He held a knife closed to my neck, threatening to kill me. I was so scared that I cried.. yup..cried in my sleep till my mother woke me up.

Dreams usually come just before I wake up. In Psychology, we call it the REM stage 1. I had this same old dream for many years already. I dreamed I was walking along the road with someone (usually it's someone close to me). Then, the someone decided to cross the road. When he/she reached to the middle of the road, I saw a car coming. And I quickly ran towards him/her and pushed her away so he/she will not be hit by the car. In the end, I was hit really badly. Flew above the car and hit the ground badly.

------------------------

I dreamed of a bank robbery.After the robbers got into the bank, they ordered everyone in the bank to squat down and keep quiet. But, the someone, stood up and the robber pointed the gun towards him/her and was ready to fire. And everything happened in a very slow motion. I ran in front of the someone...and the robber pulled the trigger...and *bang*..I got shot! I fell to the ground, bleeding in the abdomen. And the someone has to send me to the hospital again. Drama drama.. hehehehe.

But, I don't mind. I get to play' heroine'.




No comments:

Post a Comment