Saturday, June 5, 2010

Here comes the short semester. Hold on tight. It'll be bumpy!

Good news. I'm officially a third year student. It's quite hard to believe that I'm finally at my final year, with an undergraduate thesis to complete soon. Things have been getting harder. Lecturers are expecting more from us. As for this semester, I have a 100 plus plus pages of Industrial Organizational Psychology assignment to do. Heh. Not kidding. I've been randomly assigned to a team of students. 12 people including myself.

I used to work on an assignment with a usual group of people. Since we've been working together for quite some time, we've actually developed our own way of doing things. Now that I'm placed with 11 strangers, it will never be the same again. A new group=a new culture. That rounds it all. Somehow, I felt that this randomized method was good in a way..because in the end of the day, we cannot actually choose who we would want to work with in future, whether it is in a company or doing a research. And, working with new people helps me expand my social network, which is great!

There are three parts to this assignment: selection, training and evaluation. I volunteered to write on selection phase. It's been quite rewarding to see pieces of our own work are joined together. So far, we've wrote about 48 pages in just two weeks! Our lecturer said, "We're training you for the real-world. It's even worse out there, looking at the enormous pile of workload and how little time you have." I cannot agree more to that. =) Anyway, third year is the time where we will be stretched and tested. It's a stepping platform to graduate and finally, work. *sigh*.

On top of this, I've another assignment to complete with another separate team altogether. We're writing on date-rape drug, rohypnol. It sounds familiar if you've been receiving forwarded e-mails on rohypnol. Mid-term starts next week. And there's probably a reason why I can't make it for the church camp. Aww.
Okay. Time for me to sleep and rest. On duty for tomorrow's Sunday worship. Playing the piano with a full band..with a Lizzie on the cello and her husband, playing the violin. I count it a privilege to work with them.

Good night, everyone.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeremy, you cannot remember your final year at uni? You just made yourself sound like an uncle. :P thanks for the best wishes. Sweet that you're keeping me in prayer. Hope you're having a great time in church camp. Haha.. Are you having withdrawal symptoms from not playing social city? keke...absolutely agree that sherwin and lizzie should play more often. It puts less pressure on the pianist as well.. i liked that. =) GBU

    ReplyDelete