Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lessons 101

Today marks the final day of exam for the second semester of my third year as a Psychology. This semester has been the toughest semester thus far. I guess, that's the way things should be.

"When the going gets tough, the tough gets going."

Challenges of the semester are always meant to test our ability to cope with stress or pressure and bring out the true potential in us. If I were to describe myself in just one word, I would choose 'a rubber band'. Yup. I've been 'a rubber band' this semester.

The theory of elasticity: the property of solid material to deform under the application of an external force and to regain their original shape after the external force have been removed. Likewise, I,'a rubber band' had to be flexible to the 'external forces'-the different challenges and the hardcore stuffs the lecturers or group mates presented to me this semester. But, we all know, that a rubber band tears if it is given too much external forces that it looses its elasticity. And thank God, I have not came to the point that I loose the ability to cope. I would always like to take the challenges as the opportunity to grow in maturity.

I know I would not have gone through this semester without the prayers of God's people. Thankfully, I have great friends who lend their listening ears, gave supportive encouragements and showed that they cared. :) It's always good to know that there will be people who stand close beside me and cheer me on. It all makes a difference. Truly. Forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment