Tuesday, April 27, 2010

LDS......the joy and pain.

Being in a long-distance relationship has never been easy.
party.. because I get very negative comments from people. I know that they do not mean to be harsh. They're just trying their best to bring 'reality' to me. They say:

"Long-distance relationship won't work."

"Don't say yes first. Got so many boys out there. Afterwards, you find a better one, how?"

..S.L thinking inside, there will be always boys who are better with the ones that we are with. That's why adultery happens. That's why when we think we found a 'better' one, without strong commitment, a relationship or a marriage tears apart. Anyway, there will be always boys who are worse than him. I say, there's only one unique person I won't want to let go.

"Out of sight, out of mind".

"Boyfriends are suppose to be there with their girlfriends..they're suppose to take care of them."

"So, what's next lah? Are you two gonna be like apart forever?" *sarcastic*

Sometimes, I keep quiet. I find that there's no point for me to argue with them because they're
so hard up on their opinions. Oh well, it's not like I ask for their opinion in the first place.

Well..I could have given up in this relationship.

But, I won't and I can't...

because I believe there is HOPE

.... LOVE

..................and FAITH in God who keeps us both together.

And it has been three years of joy and lil' misunderstanding along the way. :)

In the end of the day, what matters is God's purpose for us.

I'm not too keen to know what a few people say. They don't want to understand the situation.

They're just busy bodies.

However, I'm ever grateful for good friends, church friends and CG people who prayed for this relationship, and that we will grow together. It's truly a divine intervention that we're still together. I can't even imagine being this far apart for so long while I was in college. :)

Thanks for all your prayers and wonderful support. I cherish it alot.



6 comments:

  1. *hugs* Shoo those people and comments away.. We're always there for you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *out of sight BUT not out of mind*

    I don't know who said those words but they have no idea what we've been through together. You are constantly always on my mind daily..everyday. In fact, for the record, we talk almost every 12 hours a day. I'll call in the morning and at night. We probably talk more than the average boyfriend girlfriend relationship.

    Long distance relationship is still a relationship, our distance will come to an end, we have a goal to be together not apart. Shame on the person who just said that.

    I'll have to write a book one day about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evon: Yeah. thanks for praying for us in CG. it was very uplifting and refreshing. =)

    Elisha: Thanks, dear. You are always on my mind too. We've shared so much with one another: opinions and our own thoughts on life alone. :) Yes, I'm waiting to write a book. Let me write some parts of it lah.. then u edit. :P hehe. Love, Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be discouraged by what they say. I'm sure many of them have never been in a ldr themselves. Just remember to commit everything to God. :) Enjoy the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Divine intervention indeed! :) I'm waiting! :P HEHE. God is faithful in his providence... you can be sure of that. So, hang on tight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wy Lyn: thanks, dear. You're also in LDR. Think we have something in common. Prayers are important!
    Ruth: Haha..what are you waiting for? your love story is a testimony to many people that God is indeed in control! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete